Utilities Department.

The purpose of the Tribal Utilities Department is to provide a safe and dependable supply of treated potable water and to treat and dispose of wastewater for those on the Tribal water and sewer system. The Tribal Utilities Department operates and maintains the Tribes Water & Sewer System surrounding the Fort Hall Agency and Town site located on the Fort Hall Indian Reservation.



Water and Sewage Operation.

Serving the Fort Hall Indian Reservation.

The Tribal Utilities Department works with waste water and water construction projects, and also monitors ground water levels.Areas of coverage include both residential and commercial properties and infrastructure. We service the Fort Hall Housing Authority and Subdivision, Tribal Business Center, BIA, Not-Tsoo-Gah-Nee Center, Townsite, Fort Hall Casino, Shoshone-Bannock Hotel and Events Center, Trading Post, and other businesses and individual homes scattered along the main water line.

Tribal Utilities

Operation and Maintenance.

The department performs chlorine sampling, monitors the two water wells and three storage tanks daily and does additional water samples to comply with EPA regulations.The Utilities Department also operates and maintains the lagoon and the land application system north of the indoor rodeo arena.


Safe Drinking Water on Tribal Lands.

The Environmental Protection Agency works collaboratively with tribal governments, tribal utilities and tribal members to implement the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). The goal of this collaboration is to improve access to safe drinking water on tribal lands.

The Safe Drinking Water Act protects public drinking water supplies throughout the nation. Under the SDWA, the EPA sets standards for drinking water quality and with its partners implements various technical and financial programs to ensure drinking water safety.

Tribal Utilities Department.

Water Meters
Miles of Water Line
Staff Members

Contact Tribal Utilities.

Tribal Utilities Department

Contact Us

Office: (208)236-1055
Fax: (208)478-3869

P.O. Box 306
Fort Hall, ID 83203

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message (required)

    Consumer Confidence Report.

    Tribal governments oversee water system utilities or utility boards. Members of tribal governments play a role in ensuring that their public water systems comply with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).

    The Annual Consumer Confidence Report will be available to the public in July of each year. A copy of the report will be sent to the EPA Regional Office in Seattle, Washington. If you are interested in obtaining a CCR, it will be available at the Tribal Utilities Department and will be posted at various public places on the Fort Hall Indian Reservation.